Consumer Help

Self help

Access our range of consumer law fact sheets to help understand and assert your rights.

Free legal advice

Get free and independent telephone and email advice on consumer legal issues.

Other sources of help

Contact ombudsman services, regulators or free legal services outside Victoria.

Ask a financial counsellor

Access our free, independent and confidential telephone financial counselling service.

Community worker support line

Contact our dedicated advice line for community & public sector workers.

Is English your second language?

Consumer Action can arrange interpreters in all languages – simply call our advice line on 1800 466 477 and tell us which language you speak.

This information is also available in other languages.

National Relay Service

National Relay Service logo

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call through the National Relay Service:

  • TTY users can phone 133677 then ask for 1800 466 477
  • Speak & Listen (speech-to-speech) users can phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 466 477
  • Internet relay users can connect to NRS on then ask for 1800 466 477

Accessibility Information

You may also be interested in information about how to get the most out of this web site (accessibility information).