Help Consumer Action make a real difference for low income and disadvantaged members of the community. Help us increase the capacity of financial counsellors and community workers to identify and uphold their clients’ consumer rights.
Consumer Action Law Centre has an opportunity for an experienced training specialist to join our legal practice. Reporting to the Director of Legal Practice, the Training and Outreach Manager will help us provide practical, engaging and targeted training initiatives and build our relationships with community workers across Victoria.
ABOUT CONSUMER ACTION
Consumer Action is an independent, not-for-profit, campaign-focused casework and policy organisation. Consumer Action offers free legal advice, pursues consumer litigation and provides financial counselling to vulnerable and disadvantaged consumers across Victoria. Consumer Action is also a nationally-recognised and influential policy and research body, pursuing a law reform agenda across a range of important consumer issues at a governmental level, in the media, and in the community directly.
Our work includes actively supporting financial counsellors and community workers throughout Victoria, particularly through legal advice and training. This helps us expand our reach and ensures we are responding to the issues affecting the most vulnerable people in the community.
What does this role involve?
- You’ll need to plan, design and implement training courses and outreach sessions;
- To do this effectively, you’ll spend time establishing, nurturing and managing stakeholder relationships;
- You’ll be project manager, administrator, key contact and customer relationship manager, so you’ll need to be flexible, pragmatic and a quick thinker, as well as confident dealing with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Coaching our staff team, and helping lawyers, financial counsellors and policy officers to improve presentation skills will be a key part of your work.
This is a permanent full-time role located at our offices in Melbourne CBD – some travel within Victoria may be required. The salary offered will be between $78,000 – $80,500, plus superannuation. Consumer Action Law Centre offers fringe benefit salary packaging to employees, so depending on individual circumstances the value of the salary may be equivalent to up to $6,000 higher.
You’re an experienced trainer and project manager who’s designed and implemented training programs from the ground up. You are familiar with theories of adult learning and you’re as comfortable developing face to face presentations as you are creating eLearning courses. Organised and energetic, you make sure our stakeholders are delighted with the training received, and that our staff have the structure, coaching and support required to deliver informative and engaging presentations.
You’ve worked or volunteered in the community sector, and you’re committed to social justice and to empowering people with clear, accurate and current information. You may have a background in law and/or Financial Counselling as well as formal qualifications as a Trainer or in education.
Most of all, you want to work with a great group of people in an organisation dedicated to making a difference.
Interested? Tell us about yourself!
If you’d like to apply, send your CV together with a cover letter outlining your responses to the following:
- How have you shown a commitment to advancing the public interest and social justice in your work and/or outside work activities?
- Describe a training program you’ve developed and implemented – what was your brief, and how did you go about meeting it?
- Tell us about a time when you’ve been part of a team collaborating on one piece of work: what was your role, and how did you go about co-ordinating with others?
- Tell us about a time when you have initiated, developed and maintained relationships with key stakeholders in the community sector.
Send your application to:
Human Resources Manager
Consumer Action Law Centre
email@example.com_Training and Outreach Manager