- Work for one of Australia’s leading not-for-profit consumer advocacy organisations
- Unique role for an experienced campaigner
- Permanent full-time position
You’re an experienced campaigner who has designed and delivered successful campaigns with clear goals, smart strategy and the right campaign tactics. You’ll be in the Policy and Campaigns team, but you’re great at harnessing the strengths of teams across the organisation to build and execute campaigns that deliver policy change. You’ve also got experience influencing state and federal MPs and have proven experience incorporating effective political advocacy into your campaigning.
About Consumer Action Law Centre
Our vision: a just marketplace where people have power and business plays fair
Our purpose: to make life easier for people experiencing vulnerability and disadvantage in Australia
We’re an independent, not-for-profit consumer organisation based in Melbourne. We’re a unique organisation to work for because in addition to our policy and campaigns work, we also run direct services that support vulnerable consumers in Australia, including an award-winning legal practice and the Victorian arm of the National Debt Helpline. Our campaigns integrate the work of our direct services to win.
We’re looking for our next Campaigns and Advocacy Adviser.
If the idea of variety, tight deadlines, meaningful campaigns, high-impact parliamentary relations, and connections with issues that capture attention across Australia appeals to you, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll need a strong commitment to social justice combined with a flexible, pro-active and “can-do” attitude and demonstrable ability to relate to people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged. You’re an expert in your field – but you can back up that expertise with outstanding skills in collaboration, project management and team work.
Rewards and Benefits
The salary range offered will be between $82,500 – $86,000 per annum commensurate with experience, plus superannuation. Consumer Action Law Centre offers FBT salary packaging therefore, depending upon personal financial circumstances, the value of the salary may be equivalent to up to approximately $5,000 – $7,000 higher.
Additional benefits include:
- An engaged, high-impact and friendly work culture. Consumer Action is a high impact organisation that has consistently secured policy change in Victoria and nationally that has made life better for vulnerable Australians. This job is your opportunity to implement campaigns that have real and lasting impact and to work with a high-performing and passionate team;
- Flexible working programs such as compressed hours, flexible hours, work-from-home and purchased leave;
- Learning and development opportunities
How to Apply
Please submit your application before 5pm Wednesday, 12 June to Human Resources Manager, Consumer Action Law Centre, email@example.com