About the role
Consumer Action Law Centre has a vacancy for a Director of Policy and Campaigns. Reporting to the CEO you’ll be leading our Policy and Campaigns Team with responsibility for all aspects of strategy, planning and the implementation of campaigns and policy activities.
Specifically, the role will:
- Be accountable for all aspects of policy and campaign activity
- Identify systemic issues from outreach, casework and advicelines
- Oversee media, communications, events and presentation activities
- Liaise with stakeholders and participate in engagement with government, industry, politicians and regulators
- Manage the production of media releases, campaign materials, reports, submissions, articles and factsheets
- Manage work systems and staffing including team and individual performance
- Contribute to the development of Consumer Action’s strategic direction
- Managing funding arrangements.
Rewards and Benefits
- Join a highly engaged team
- Option of compressed hours with one RDO per fortnight
- 16 weeks parental leave, purchased leave scheme available
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- Salary range $104,000 to $118,000.
The successful applicant will have:
- A demonstrated commitment to advancing the public interest and social justice
- Experienced and passion for people management who can motivate staff and keep the team working to plan
- Substantial experience in a policy and campaign development and influencing role
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, or equivalent demonstrated experience and theoretical knowledge
- Demonstrated specialist writing, editing and communication skills
- Expertise in complex stakeholder management and/or community engagement, including with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander organisations and communities
- High level of cultural competency and values diversity and inclusion to support a culturally and psychologically safe workplace.
About Consumer Action
Consumer Action Law Centre is an award winning campaign-focused organisation with a vision for a just marketplace where people have power and business play fair. As a high impact advocacy organisation they influence change in policy, law and industry practice across a range of consumer issues. The centre’s advocacy is based upon its direct services, provided by dedicated and highly qualified teams of lawyers and financial counsellors who advise, assist and represent vulnerable and disadvantaged consumers across Victoria. The Centre is particularly focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
Consumer Action Law Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people of all ages, and LGBTIQA+ people. If we can make any adjustments or modifications to standard recruitment processes that will support and enable your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
For more information, read the position description.
Please send a Covering Letter and Resume to Recruitment@consumeraction.org.au
Applications Close 5pm, 15 December 2021