Experienced legal practitioner dedicated to social justice?
Ready to take the step up to management?
Join our team and help us realise our vision of a just marketplace where people have power and business plays fair.
- Permanent, full-time position
- Flexible, family-friendly working conditions
- Lead a small committed team as part of a legal practice of 12-14 community lawyers
If you’re a legal practitioner with a minimum of 5-7 years post admission experience and an interest in leading others, this is a great opportunity to hone your leadership skills in a fast-paced, friendly and supportive environment.
Consumer Action Law Centre, based in Melbourne CBD, has an opportunity for a Managing Lawyer to join the legal practice. In this role you’ll supervise 4-5 solicitors as part of our legal team providing telephone advice to callers, undertaking strategic casework and litigation, identifying systemic issues and researching the law and reviewing legal documents. You must hold, or be eligible to hold, an unrestricted Principal Practising Certificate in the State of Victoria.
For more information about this position, refer to the position description (see below).
This is a permanent, full-time position located at our offices in Melbourne CBD. The salary offered will be between $95,000 – $99,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus superannuation. Consumer Action Law Centre offers fringe benefit salary packaging to employees, so depending on individual financial circumstances the value of the salary may be equivalent to $5,000 – $7,500 higher.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send your CV together with a cover letter outlining your responses to the following:
- How have you shown a commitment to advancing the public interest and social justice in your work and/or outside work activities?
- Describe a time where you’ve worked on a complex piece of commercial litigation: what strategy(ies) did you apply and what was the outcome?
- Tell us about a time you worked with disadvantaged, low-income, culturally and linguistically diverse client groups: how did you ensure your communication was effective, and what factors did you consider to ensure your advice and advocacy was appropriate and meaningful/effective for the individual concerned?
- Describe your experience leading a team or group. In your opinion, what are the most important attributes of a successful leader? Why?
Applications that do not include responses to the four selection questions will not be considered.
Please forward your application to
The Human Resources Manager
Consumer Action Law Centre
Applications close 5 pm Wednesday 23rd January 2019.
171221_Position Description Managing Lawyer (1)