Consumer Action Law Centre has an opportunity for an experienced administration whiz to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this is a great opportunity to put your outstanding administrative skills to work in an organisation dedicated to making a difference.
The Operations Administrator anticipates and supports the evolving needs of the Policy & Campaigns team, providing Executive Assistant and general IT & administrative support combined with Compliance, Reporting, Change and Data Management.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
• Provide Executive Assistant and administration services to the Director, Policy & Campaigns (and to other team members as required);
• Manage the Policy & Campaigns team travel budget, conference attendance and bookings for support services and team training ;
• In collaboration with other members of the Operations team, promote the smooth and efficient operation of Consumer Action Law Centre by providing administrative, reception, facilities and IT support;
• Manage and develop team information management systems: drive the provision of high quality data to support decision-making, planning and advocacy;
• Support Consumer Action to meet reporting requirements and compliance requests from funders, by developing, constructing, checking and formulating reports both scheduled and ad hoc;
• Drive continuous improvement and efficiency through training, process improvement and technology support, so that team members are enabled to work more efficiently and effectively using optimized tools and resources.
• You have significant experience as a personal or executive assistant (or similarly complex administrative role);
• Database management experience in a client services environment, including ability to construct, monitor and quality check reports from data;
• Experience in various IT platforms in desktop and cloud environments, including familiarity with the Office 365 suite of cloud applications;
• Ability to monitor compliance with service agreements;
• Willingness and ability to troubleshoot IT problems and to coach and enable others to develop their IT skills;
• Flexibility and a willingness to ‘pitch in’ when needed;
• An ability to grasp the “big picture” combined with a strong eye for detail;
• You take pride in your work and strive for continual improvement;
• A demonstrable ability to relate to people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged, and a strong commitment to social justice.
This is a full-time role located at our offices in Melbourne CBD. The salary range offered is between $59,000 – $63,000 commensurate with experience, plus superannuation. Consumer Action Law Centre offers salary packaging, therefore depending upon personal financial circumstances the value of the salary may be equivalent to up to approximately $5,000 – $7,000 higher.
Please submit your application by 5 pm Wednesday 28 June 2017 to:
Human Resources Manager
Your application should include your CV together with a cover letter addressing the following questions:
• How have you shown a commitment to advancing the public interest and social justice in your work and/or outside work activities?
• Describe your experience in providing administrative support to teams or executives – what was your role in effecting change and meeting compliance/reporting obligations?
• Describe your experience with database or computer systems management – both from a user and maintenance perspective.