Outcomes and Evaluation Lead
About the role
Work for one of Australia’s leading not-for-profit consumer advocacy organisations, that makes life easier for people experiencing vulnerability and disadvantage.
This role is focused on the development and implementation of evaluation activities across Consumer Action Law Centre’s direct services, including legal advice and representation, financial counselling, training and sector engagement, in accordance with the Centre’s Impact Framework.
This is a permanent part time role FTE 0.6. Read the full position description.
Specifically, the role will: lead evaluation and monitoring activities to support service design and delivery in accordance with the Centre’s Impact Framework. Activities include data quality and analysis, client surveying, facilitating small groups, and evaluating the work of the centre’s different program areas.
The role supports all staff to engage with and learn from evaluation and monitoring, to maintain the impact-driven and reflective culture we want at our organisation.
Rewards and Benefits
- Join a highly engaged and motivated team
- Superannuation paid on unpaid parental leave
- Additional 5 days of leave Christmas Close Down
- 16 weeks parental leave, purchased leave scheme available
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- Salary range $95,000 to $100,000 pro rata for part time hours
The successful applicant will have:
- Understanding of the theory of impact measurement and assessment.
- Understanding of quality measurement frameworks within the community sector.
- Formal degree level qualifications in law, social work, psychology, evaluation or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and conduct of quantitative and qualitative evaluation projects.
- Skill in facilitating small groups to engage in evaluative thinking.
- Experience in stakeholder management and network building, including understanding of the interaction between funding bodies and the community legal and financial counselling sector.
- Experience in a community legal centre or similar NFP or community sector setting.
- Experience in interacting with vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families.
- Demonstrated experience in community service client data management and related experience with IT (e.g. data manipulation and presentation using Excel etc).
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI) would be a bonus.
About Consumer Action
Consumer Action Law Centre is an award winning campaign-focused organisation with a vision for a just marketplace where people have power and business play fair. As a high impact advocacy organisation they influence change in policy, law and industry practice across a range of consumer issues. The centre’s advocacy is based upon its direct services, provided by dedicated and highly qualified teams of lawyers and financial counsellors who advise, assist and represent vulnerable and disadvantaged consumers across Victoria. The Centre is particularly focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
Consumer Action Law Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people of all ages, and LGBTIQA+ people. If we can make any adjustments or modifications to standard recruitment processes that will support and enable your application, please contact us at email@example.com
How to Apply
Please send a Covering Letter and Resume to Recruitment@consumeraction.org.au
Applications Close 5pm, 2 September 2022