Consumer Action Law Centre is a Melbourne-based consumer advocacy and campaigning organisation that provides free and independent legal assistance and financial counselling.
Access our free legal help hotline, financial counselling service or self help kits here.
Check out our latest campaigns and find out how you can get involved.
Get up to date on the latest issues affecting Australian consumers.
Get help asserting your consumer rights.
- Consumer Action has provided input into The Treasury’s budget development for financial year 2017-18. We have identified four budget measures that would, if implemented, enhance justice for all Australians. Justice in this context is about creating a level playing field, and about righting wrongs. These four initiatives are: Introduce a Retail Ombudsman or equivalent external dispute resolution (EDR) scheme […]
Proposed Industry Funding Model for the Australian Securities and Investments Commission – Proposals Paper.Consumer Action Law Centre (Consumer Action) and CHOICE welcome the opportunity to comment on the Proposed Industry Funding Model for the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Thank you for the invitation to comment on the ANZ Banking Group Ltd—Exclusive Dealing Notification N99426 (the Notification), under which ANZ is only financing Esanda and ANZbranded comprehensive car insurance and add-on insurance.
- The Consumer Action Law Centre (Consumer Action) welcomes the opportunity to comment on the Data Availability and Use – Draft Report October 2016 (Draft Report).
- The Consumer Action Law Centre (Consumer Action) is pleased to make this submission to Consumer Affairs Victoria’s (CAV) comprehensive review of Victoria’s consumer property laws, specifically on Options for reform of the Owners Corporations Act 2006 (Options Paper).
- “The relief was immense”, a simple enough statement from one of the fourteen residents from Willow Lodge Over 50s Resort (Willow Lodge), but universally felt following the settlement of the long running action over unfair exit fees, known as Deferred Management Fees (DMF).
- It may not seem logical or good value for money, but there are plenty of us that will fork out for expensive presents this Christmas
- Help Consumer Action make a real difference for low income and disadvantaged members of the community. Help us increase the capacity of financial counsellors and community workers to identify and uphold their clients’ consumer rights.