How Can We Help?
CCO04-I’ve bought something faulty, unsafe, damaged or doesn’t match the advertising
- When you buy goods or services, those goods or services must meet certain standards called ‘guarantees’ under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Use this template letter if you purchased defective goods or services and you want a refund or replacement from the trader.
- This fact sheet should be read in conjunction with our factsheet entitled Taking your case to VCAT.
Information about your consumer rights can be found on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website:
- Refunds, repairs and replacements
- problems with a product (consumer guarantees)
- problems with a service (consumer guarantees)
Information about your consumer rights can be found on the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission website:
Warning: This fact sheet is for information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This information applies only in Victoria, Australia and was updated on 2 August 2021.