Campaigns and Advocacy Advisor
About the role
Work for one of Australia’s leading not-for-profit consumer advocacy organisations, that makes life easier for people experiencing vulnerability and disadvantage.
This is a unique role for an experienced campaigner. The successful applicant will get to work with Consumer Action’s leading policy minds, consumer lawyers and financial counsellors to support the policy and campaigns team to build and execute campaigns.
Specifically, the role will:
- Support the planning and delivery of campaigns
- Provide specialist advice on government relations and events
- Track the progress of legislation, parliamentary committees, government announcements and Hansard to identify threats and opportunities relevant to our work
- Schedule and support meetings with parliamentarians and government departments
- Develop and maintain an advocacy database and participate in campaign impact evaluations
- Support the development of campaign implementation strategy and messaging and content that aligns with campaign and policy priorities
- Works with Consumer Action clients to coordinate their involvement in media and campaign events
- Leads campaign analysis for each campaign
Rewards and Benefits
- Join a highly engaged and motivated team
- Option of compressed hours with one RDO per fortnight
- Superannuation paid on unpaid parental leave
- 16 weeks parental leave, purchased leave scheme available
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- Salary range $91,474 to $95,530
The successful applicant will:
- Be an experienced campaigner who has designed and delivered successful campaigns with clear goals, smart strategy and the right campaign tactics.
- Have political nous
- Can harness the strengths of teams and supporting staff across the organisation to build and execute campaigns that deliver policy change.
- Have demonstrated experience influencing state and federal MPs and have proven experience incorporating effective political advocacy into your campaigning.
About Consumer Action
Consumer Action Law Centre is an award winning campaign-focused organisation with a vision for a just marketplace where people have power and business play fair. As a high impact advocacy organisation they influence change in policy, law and industry practice across a range of consumer issues. The centre’s advocacy is based upon its direct services, provided by dedicated and highly qualified teams of lawyers and financial counsellors who advise, assist and represent vulnerable and disadvantaged consumers across Victoria. The Centre is particularly focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
Consumer Action Law Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people of all ages, and LGBTIQA+ people. If we can make any adjustments or modifications to standard recruitment processes that will support and enable your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please send a Covering Letter and Resume to Recruitment@consumeraction.org.au
Applications Close 5pm, 8 April 2022