Consumer Action has provided a submission to the Victorian Property Market Review. The review is an important opportunity to improve property market laws to support Victorians to have fairer and easier access to the housing market.
Our submission makes a range of recommendations, including:
– improving to property market information and under-quoting reforms;
– enhancing property information, including consumer-testing disclosure information;
– regulating property investment advice and spruikers;
– introducing an external dispute resolution scheme to resolve disputes between consumers and property market professionals; and
– maintaining existing safeguards relating to rent-to-buy as an important measure to ensure market innovations aimed at improving affordability are safe.
Read the full submission (PDF).220406 Vic Property Market Review submission