How do I claim a refund for a used car warranty?


Are you unhappy with a used car warranty you bought? Read the following to complain and ask for a refund.

Step one: Download our template letter here (Microsoft Word document)

It will be useful to have a copy of the warranty document to help you complete it. If you don’t have one, you can request a copy from the warranty provider.

Step two: Complete the letter, using the instructions within the template to assist.

Step three: Copy and paste the text into an email or post the letter to your warranty provider.

The contact details for some warranty providers can be found below. Check your warranty document if your provider is not listed below.

Australian Warranty Network
PO Box 4301


National Warranty Company

PO Box 9091

Traralgon VIC 3844


Integrity Car Care Pty Ltd
PO BOX 590


Please note that this information is to provide some basic assistance with seeking refunds for warranties that were ‘mis-sold’. If you are experiencing other issues, for example with the car you bought, please seek legal advice urgently. If you are experiencing financial difficulty, you can contact a free and independent financial counsellor by calling 1800 007 007.

What next?

If you do not get the response you want, don’t give up! There are other things you can do, for example, you could complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service, a free independent dispute resolution service.

Click here for tips about what to do after you have sent your complaint.

Further assistance

For those in Victoria, you can contact the Consumer Action Law Centre
Telephone: (03) 9629 6300, or 1800 466 477 for country callers.

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call through the National Relay Service (NRS):

  • TTY users can phone 133677 then ask for 1800 466 477
  • Speak & Listen (speech-to-speech) users can phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 466 477
  • Internet relay users can connect to NRS on then ask for 1800 466 477

This is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This information applies only in Victoria and was updated on December 31, 2015.

Image from Kamyar Adl.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Skip to content