The effects of the Covid-19 health crisis are being felt by everyone in our community. We want to hear about how Covid-19 has affected your financial wellbeing.
We’re worried that people might:
- have their electricity, gas, or water disconnected,
- have access to their phone or internet cut off,
- be harassed by debt collectors,
- be targeted by lenders offering high cost loans,
- have insurance claims denied or coverage suspended or reduced, and/or
- not be able to afford credit card or loan repayments.
We need businesses to treat people with respect, dignity and compassion during this crisis. Sharing your story can help to make this happen.
With your permission, your story will be shared with people who have the power to make change happen – industry leaders, politicians, regulators and policy makers.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes of this campaign. You can remain anonymous if you wish. You can find our privacy statement here: https://consumeraction.org.au/privacy-statement.
The National Debt Helpline is a free, independent and confidential financial counselling service, which provides advice on how to manage debts and access financial support.
If you’re currently experiencing financial stress or trying to manage your debt, call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 or visit: https://ndh.org.au