Submission: Options for greater involvement by private sector life insurers in worker rehabilitation
This joint submission of CHOICE, Financial Rights Legal Centre and Consumer Action Law Centre responds to the insurance industry proposal for greater involvement by life insurers in worker rehabilitation. It comments on:
- Preferred options for return-to-work treatment.
- The inherent conflict of interests in an industry proposal for life insurers to become more involved in rehabilitation.
- The lack of rationale for changing the the role of life insurers.
- The risks the proposal creates for consumer, government and industry.
- The need for further consultation on the industry proposal.
- Necessary reforms to private health insurance.
Read the full submission here [PDF]Joint consumer submission to the PJC inquiry into life insurers in worker rehabilitation